Grayson Rural Electric Cooperative Corporation
This scholarship program, which is open to both young men and women, is designed to
enhance the education and resulting careers of deserving students in our service territory.
Ten (10), one thousand ($1,000.) scholarships will be awarded.
- Entrant must be a traditional (senior in high school) or non-traditional student at time of application. Non-traditional students are defined as any student not attending a college or technical school immediately after high school.
- Entrant must be enrolled in, or planning to enroll in, an accredited educational or training institution of his or her choice.
- Entrant must reside on Grayson Rural Electric lines, or the primary residence of their parents or guardian must be located on Grayson Rural Electric lines. Member account number must be in the parent or legal guardian’s name.
- All entrants must complete an application and write a 250 -500 word essay on “What have you done outside of the classroom that demonstrates qualities sought after by universities? Of these, which means the most to you?” Entrants are asked to submit one letter of recommendation. Each student should submit a list of Academic Honors and/or awards received in High School, a list of school related clubs, activities, and achievements and community clubs and activities, and achievements.
- Scholarship funds will be paid to an accredited educational training institution and the student upon receipt of appropriate evidence that the candidate has been accepted and is enrolled as a full-time student. No money will be paid directly to the recipient. Scholarships will be awarded for the 2021 Fall semester.
- Unused scholarship funds will be retained by Grayson Rural Electric. Unused funds may result if a recipient ceases to be a student or if proper certification of enrollment is not received by Grayson Rural Electric.
- Entries will be judged on the following: essay, school and community involvement and scholastic achievements, letter of recommendation, and official transcript and ACT and/or SAT scores.
- Grade Point Average (curriculum will be considered as well as grades). An official transcript must accompany the application as well as a copy of ACT and/or SAT scores.
- The student must not be a member of the immediate family of an employee, director or manager of Grayson Rural Electric. (Immediate family as defined by Grayson RECC Board Policy is as follows: children, foster children, grandchildren, brother or sister, husband, wife, parents, foster parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, in-laws, or any relative living in the employee, manager or Director’s household).
DEADLINE TO RECEIVE APPLICATION IS FEBRUARY 15, 2021
If you have any questions, please contact Kim Bush, Executive Assistant, at (606) 474-5136 or outside Carter County at 1-800-562-3532.
You can complete the scholarship application at https://www.graysonrecc.com/content/scholarship-application. Please contact Kim Bush at (606) 474-2125 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.